Will innovations perform as expected, or are they in need of improvement? There is only one way to find out. In order to put innovations to the test and showcase them at the same time, VPdelta has established a number of or field labs. VPdelta is targeting three main innovation areas.
Safe Delta: flood risk and dike management
Urban Delta: livable cities
Smart Delta: smart water management
From prototype to production
The field labs are accessible testing environments in which start-ups and other innovative companies meet knowledge partners, potential buyers and end users. Together they test, demonstrate and develop products until they are ready to be launched.
Seeing is believing. The field labs showcase the latest innovations in Dutch delta technology for what is new in Dutch delta technology. They attract a wide variety of visitors to Zuid-Holland and regularly feature in the international media. Each year VPdelta welcomes many delegations to its field labs, both from the Netherlands and abroad.
Field labs in full flow
- Flood Proof Holland – temporary flood defences and dike sensors
- Aqua Dock - amphibious and floating architecture
- Scheveningen Port - outer-dike urban development and coastal zone management
- Blijdorp Zoo – urban water quality management
- Climate adaptation – urban solutions
- Civil engineering briefs – innovations in weak soil management
- Water innovation in horticulture and efficient water management in horticultural areas
- Waterlab – citizen science and education in collaboration with Science Centre
- SensorDijk- smart measuring and monitoring
- SmartPolder – the water system as a source of sustainable energy
If you would like to participate in any of VPdelta’s activities, or would like more information please contact us.